DREAM BIG | ACHIEVE MORE | GIVE BACK
I am a member of the Alpha Eta Chi Chapter at Passaic County Community College (PCCC) in NJ. I am pursuing an Associate in Science Degree in Media and Communications, where I maintain a 3.8 GPA. I currently serve as the Middle States Regional President and have worked fervently on chapter engagement, leadership development, and completion.
In 2017, at the age of 18, I moved to New Jersey from the Dominican Republic alone. As I left my family behind with the idea of creating a change in my life, I encountered unexpected challenges and loneliness. However, challenges also come with adventures and opportunities.
My adventure began in the shape of education. Attending PCCC, afforded me the opportunity to join Phi Theta Kappa, which has been the catalyst to my success. Accepting my membership and getting involved curbed my loneliness and offered me a family. Today, I am a scholar who is not only committed to academics but also focused on creating change in my community to ensure progress for the next generation of scholars and leaders.
- 2019-2020 Middle States Regional President
- 2020 New Century Scholar
- 2020 TEK Productions Scholar
- Regional Advisory Board, Middle States President-Ex-officio
- PCCC Guided Pathways Committee, Student Ambassador
- Open Educational Resources, NJ State Coalition Student Ambassador
- NJ County Colleges Commission, Student Member for Vision 2028
- NJ Secretary of Higher Education Task Force
- Student Support Services Vice President
- Alpha Eta Chi Honors in Action Committee, 2018 and 2019
- Alpha Eta Chi College Project Committee, 2019
- Passaic County Community College Honors Program
My Mission (Back to top of page)
I am passionate about creating equitable opportunities for all, and I situate myself on a platform that allows me to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion. As a Latina woman, it would be my honor to inherit the platform of diversity and inclusion from past international and regional teams.
As Phi Theta Kappa’s International President, I want to continue this legacy and EMPOWER a generation that understands the importance of diversity and inclusion, but I can’t do this alone. I need your help! We need to respect each other’s differences while working together so we can collectively
create our legacy.